About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States

Saturday, January 15, 2011

2011 Facebook friend purge..........

The new year brought with it new priorities and new ideas. I've loved facebook from the moment I set foot in it. It's allowed me to reconnect with people I haven't heard from in 25-30 years!! I've also made a few new, great friends through it as well. When I learn how to post a link to my profile on here, I'll do that. Then those who are just getting to know me can find me there.

But I had gotten into playing Mafia Wars pretty early on. I made the decision to either finish Las Vegas or hit level 1000, then I was DONE.....whichever came first. Today that day came and I proceeded to clear out the "friends" who were solely MW players. 400 people gone in less than a half hour. I feel a little bit of a burden from my past lifted today.

No more time wasted playing that infernal game!! No more excuses to just sit mindlessly on my ever expanding backside trying to "accomplish" things. Thank GOD that I never got into some of the other games where you have animals, crops or people you have to feel responsible for!

I slept well last night and was up early. Had some more oatmeal, then took my dogs out for my first walk of the day. It's much warmer here today and the snow has at least melted from the streets. There are still places in the grassy areas that it's still VERY thick. It's also had this interesting sheen to it with the ice on top. It's actually quite beautiful to see, but I'm ready for it to go. We've had two winter precipitation bouts in the last month. That's unusual for Georgia.

I'm going to head out in a little bit and get in another walk. I really need the exercise. I normally get at least a LITTLE by playing softball once or twice a week, but we haven't played since May. I miss it. I LOVE the game and take it rather seriously. 7 would tell you I maybe took it TOO seriously........HA! So maybe all this work leads to me being in better shape come March when the new season starts. Soon, I will start adding actual workouts into my routine. I'd like to build my strength back up. I used to work jobs where I worked hard physically. I definitely don't do that anymore.

A week or so ago, I had mentioned these doors that were opening for me that had to do with the changes I wanted to make this year. Along those lines, I've had a couple of women "knocking on my door" the last couple of weeks. I've not dated since 7 and I split. She is never far from the front of my mind. I have been holding out hope for us. But, I wonder if this is the universe telling me I need to move on. I honestly don't know. I know I still love her dearly and care very much for her. But, the days get longer the further that we fly. And I'm feeling a tad bit lonely.

Now for your daily music dose. An artist I just recently stumbled upon on Pandora. Amos Lee. He was a member of Norah Jones band and has gone out on his own. If you're a country music fan, you may have seen him perform with the Zac Brown Band on CMT. They asked him to join in on "Colder Weather" on the CMT Artists of the Year show. He's very soulful and bluesy, which is a style I enjoy a great deal.

I hope you like it. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment