About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States

Thursday, January 6, 2011

My first day at the gym..........

Yesterday, I started exercising in the gym at my office building. I put in an hour and walked 2.2 miles at a 10% incline on the treadmill. I burned 662 calories, according to the stats on said treadmill. I'M not sure how accurate it is, but I'm happy nonetheless. Today, I walked close to 2 miles on the roads here by my house. From my front door to the corner of Spout Springs Rd. is close to a mile and invilves quite an incline. Down, then up on the way out. The same in resverse on the way back. My calves were on fire. But it's ok. It'll all be worth it soon enough.

I enjoyed the morning here with my boy watching "Despicable Me". He was given a copy for Christmas. It's funny given the history I have with this movie. 7, her son and I went to the theater to see it in 3-D. I also bought him a copy for Christmas with the extra movies, that I believe were about the "minions",that came with it. It turns out he got 2 other copies of the same movie from family! So it all just kinda spins around on itself to make a funny little story..........at least to me. And if you've never seen the movie, it's very cute, kinda funny and very family friendly.

Speaking of my son.......I was asked recently why I don't speak about him more or have pictures of him on facebook and such. I have reasons that may or not make sense to everyone, but they make sense to me.

I am very happy to have him. He's the center of my universe. BUT, I am FIERCELY protective of him, which I hope is understandable, given my history. It's not my place to put him out there for the world to see on the internet. He's not even three yet, so he can't make the decision to allow me to do that. So I choose not to.

Maybe I go too far in my desire to protect him. And I know one day I will have to slack off. It won't be an easy thing for him to assimilate to the world around him if I don't let him have some freedom. But for now, this is how I choose to be with him. Maybe my ideas are wrong or crazy somehow. But I REFUSE to not protect him in the best way I know how.

I'm sure that it was seen as a boundary between 7 and I, about him. And for that, I am also very sorry. I didn't have much in terms of control over my ability to come and go with him in the early stages of our relationship. And when he was here, I was wrapped up in all the lies of them being back in my house. So there's more of wrong-doing on my part with 7.

That ends my bit of exposing my shame for today. I've got to jump in the shower and head off to the bank before work. I'll do what I can to make it a good day.............

2 comments:

  1. I think there's a difference between posting pictures of your kid on the internet and talking about him in a private conversation with a close friend. It's not about exposure or violating his privacy or even putting him in danger... it's just that the things closest to your heart are, for most people, the things they talk about the most. And... if the things closest to your heart are not the things you talk about with the people you're closest to, you might wonder why? It's rare for me to have a conversation that doesn't include mentioning one of the young people in my life... or, I should say, one of the young people who give me a reason to live. I KNOW you love your boy in the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marvin,
    I think you can never over protect your son.=)
    I enjoy reading your blog.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete