About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thirsty Thursday.......

I woke up very early this morning with a dry mouth and a parched throat. So, I stumbled my way out to the kitchen.....stubbed my toe on the corner of the armoire that sits just inside the living room from the hall. Pitch dark and no contacts in. These things happen. I didn't want to turn on the lights, for fear of waking myself too much. My plan worked, other than the stubbage.

I layed back down in the bed and back to sleep I went. A few hours later, same feeling. I think maybe it's time to change the air filters. More water. No more sleep, though.

My sleep habits are changing. I've had many a day where I sleep til 10 or 11. I know...... jealous, right?
But, since I've been getting more exercise I find myself getting up earlier in the morning. I go to bed a LITTLE earlier than I used to, but it's no major change there.

I've been a HUGE fan of sleep for as long as I can remember. I have friends that have troubles sleeping, and I worry for them. I know how I would be, trying to function on the amount of sleep (or lack thereof) that they get. It just wears you out. Not just physically, but also emotionally. I would survive on 4 or 5 hours of sleep back when I was young and working hard (and also staying out to all hours with my girlfriend). There were quite a few mornings that I rolled into the Airport Marriott at 5:30 a.m. not even having gone to bed yet. I'm sure I smelled really good, too. But I was young.......and stupid.

Now, I gotta have my sleep. And I enjoy my naps on Sundays watching football. Chances are, those go away once I start the medication for my ADHD. But, I don't mind. There are times I feel lazy and useless. I can do without that.

So now, as I drink my 5th glass of water on the day, I think maybe I was getting dehydrated. I just hope this doesn't wake me up tonight having to run to the little boy's room. Far worse things to stub my toe on making THAT walk.

I hope this post finds you well.........

No comments:

Post a Comment